Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Made My Website

I am a quilter, a mom, a Nana, a beginner blogger, a small business owner, and now a web designer? What? I think I am pretty good at some of these things, and a pure wannabe at the rest.

I Am A Quilter- I have been a seamstress for ever. This is a photo of Mark and I when we were so young and in love. Back then I really did make a lot of my own clothing. It was the late 70's and the frilly peasant look was in.  I moved from making dresses to quilting.

I think this is the pattern I might have used.  An Etsy Shop called Sydcam123 had patterns like this for sale now. It has vintage patterns all the way back to the 1940s.

I Am A Mom- My kids are my joy and my inspiration.  They are also part of the reason my hair is this color.
Me.


They have each become people that I am lucky to know. I just adore them.

Look at them smile!
I Am A Nana-  I have three wonderful grand-kids and two more on the way.  This another cute picture of them.
This picture is one of my favorites.
Beginner Blogger- I have only written four posts. This makes five. I still have to really think about this process.  I can compose great content when there is no computer in sight. Then I completely blank out when I locate my computer and find the button with the pencil on it that prompts NEW POST.
This is the smallest button ever.
Small Business Owner- Quilting42 is the new name of my quilting business.  I used to be named The Longarm Lady. I know it is weird, that's why I changed it to a more understandable Quilting42. I will blog about the number on another post.
Quilting42
Web Designer?- Not really, I sort of filled in the blanks on Squarespace.com.


I have new found respect for all webmasters. They deserve this title. I could have never made this website by myself. The Squarespace video tutorials held my hand and helped me through the process. I also watched a 2 hour YouTube video called:



I think the name is what sold me with all of the empowering words. I watched a portion of the video, paused it, did what they did, un-paused the video and then watched some more. It took me way longer than two hours, and I am still working on my site, but it is out there, waiting to be noticed.

I know that just making the site is not enough.  I now have passwords for Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Webmaster Tools....and Password Padlock.


If you have ever wanted a website all your own, go ahead, dive in and make the website of your dreams! Or go see mine. Quilting42.com





No comments:

Post a Comment